- Rava/Semolina – 1 bowl
- Water – 2.5 bowls
- Peanuts – 2 tablespoon
- Curry leaves – 7-8
- Dhuli Urad dal/Black split gram lentil – 1 tablespoon
- Chana dal/spilt chickpea lentil- 1 tbsp
- Ghee/Clarified butter – 1 tbsp
- Mustard seeds – 1 tablespoon
- Lemon juice -1 tablespoon
- Peas & carrot -1/3 bowl
- Onion – 1 medium sized(chopped)
- Tomato – 1 medium sized(chopped)
- Green Chillies – 2-3
- Salt – As per taste.
- Dry roast the rava in low flame for 3-4 min.
- Add ghee to the pan and roast peanuts for 3-4 min in low flame n take them aside.
- In the same pan add mustard seeds, urad dal, chana dal and curry leaves; saute them for 1minute.
- Add chopped onion, saute till it becomes translucent.
- Add chopped tomato and salt, saute for 1 minute.
- Add chopped chilies,carrots and peas, saute for another 2 minutes.
- Add water and bring it to boil.
- As first boil comes, lower the flame and add roasted rava to it,keep stirring to avoid lumps.
- Add lemon juice and roasted peanuts, cover the pan with lid for 3-4 minutes.
- Healthy rava upma is ready ,serve it with a hot cup of tea☺