- Baby potatoes – 8-9
- Oil for deep frying and for making the gravy
- Curd – 1bowl
WHOLE SPICES/KHADE MASALE:
- Coriander seeds – 1 heaped tbsp
- Cloves – 2-3
- Green cardamon – 2-3
- Black cardamon – 1
- Fennel – 2 heaped tbsp
- Black pepper – 5
- Red chilies – 2
SPICES IN POWDER FORM
- Turmeric powder – 1 tsp
- Kashmiri red chili powder – 1 tbsp
- Ginger powder -1 tbsp
- Cumin powder – 1 tbsp
- Asafoetida – 1 tsp
- Salt – as per taste
- Pressure cook the potatoes in one whistle ( paraboiled).
- Prick all the potatoes with fork.
- Deep fry the boiled potatoes.
- Dry roast the Khade masale in low flame for 2-3 minutes and grind them.
- Add all grinded spices, asafoetida, cumin powder & ginger powder in the curd.
- Now put 1 tbsp oil in a pan at medium flame.
- As oil gets heated,lower the flame ,add turmeric powder and kashmiri red chili powder and saute for few seconds then add about 2 tbsp of water so that the spices don’t get burnt.
- Add curd mixture to it and keep stirring in low flame until it boils.
- Then add deep fried potatoes, salt and water(adjust the consistency of gravy) ,let it stew in low flame for about 10-15 minutes.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.