- Jhanghora / Barnyard millet – 1/2 bowl
- Buttermilk ( not very sour) – 4 bowls
- Water – 1/2 bowl
- Pisyun loon ( garhwali spicy salt) – As per need
- Take a deep bottom wok and put it on flame.
- Add jhanghora & water to it, bring first boil.
- Now add buttermilk to it, keep the flame in medium.
- Keep stirring else it will get stick to bottom of wok.
- If the jhanghora gets thicken, switch off the flame.
- Chanchandu normally takes 15-20 minutes to cook.
- Have it with pisyun loon. This is the authentic way of having chachandu with spicy salt.