For making Pakodas
- Gram flour/Besan – 1 bowl
- Green chilies – 2 chopped
- Curry leaves – 8-9 chopped
- Onion -1 medium-sized chopped
- Turmeric powder – 1/3tsp
- Salt to taste
- Water – required an amount
For making Kadhi
- Curd (sour) – 1 bowl
- Besan – 1/4th of bowl
- Onion – 1 medium-sized ( thinly sliced)
- Methi dana / Fenugreek seeds – 1tsp
- Dry red chilies – 2
- Red chilli powder – 1tsp
- Curry leaves – 7-8
- Cumin seeds – 1tbsp
- Turmeric powder – 1/2tsp
- Dry fenugreek leaves/Kasuri methi – 1tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Cooking oil – 1tbsp
- Make batter for pakodas. Add all ingredients in a mixing bowl and mix well.
- Make a thick batter by adding little water.
- Whisk the batter continuously for atleast 5 minutes.Whisking is very important in making soft pakodas.
- Let the batter rest for few minutes.
- Now turn on the flame and put a wok/kadhai on it.
- Add sufficient oil for deep-frying the pakodas.
- Whisk well before pouring batter into wok.
- Fry till golden brown colour.
- Make a batter using curd, turmeric powder,red chilli powder & besan.Whisk properly without no lumps.
- Add sufficient amount of water.The water needed for making Kadhi is about 6-7 times of curd.
- Put a pan on flame and add oil.Let the oil heat properly.
- Now add methi dana,curry leaves & dry red chilies.Saute for few seconds.
- Add chopped onions.Saute till raw aroma goes.
- Now add the curd-besan-water mixture and stir continuously on high flame.
- Bring first boil in high flame by stirring kadhi continuously and then cover wok with lid(not fully covered).See image.
- Stew kadhi for 30 minutes in low flame.Keep stirring in between.
- After 30 minutes add roasted- crushed fenugreek leaves.
- Add pakodas & salt,mix well.
- Stew for another 10 minutes in low flame.
- Now heat a tadka pan,add oil, cumin seeds & green chilies.Pour this tempering in kadhi.
- Kadhi-pakoda is ready.
- Garnish with coariander leaves.