- Toor/Arhar dal/Split pigeon pea – 1/2 bowl ( soaked atleast for half an hour)
- Tomato – 1
- Onion – 1 small chopped
- Roasted garlic pods – 8-9
- Green chilies – 4-5 (chopped)
- Coriander leaves – handful
- Salt to taste
- Mustard cooking oil – 1 tbsp
- Dry red chilies – 4
- Cumin seeds – 1 tsp
- Jakhya seeds – 1 tsp
- Asafoetida – 2 pinches
- Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
- Coriander powder – 1 tbsp
- Grind soaked and washed Arhar dal with green chilies,tomatoes and few garlic pods.Add some water to grind.
- Make a mixture of grinded dal, water & salt.For 1/2 bowl of dal,atleast 10 bowls of water will be used.
- Now put a pan on medium flame.
- Add mustard oil.
- Let it heat properly.
- Add asafoetida,cumin seeds,dry red chilies, jakhya seeds,chopped garlic and onions.Saute until onions turn brown.
- Pour the mixture and mix nicely.
- Add turmeric powder,coriander powder,cumin powder & salt.
- Bring first boil in high flame and let it boil for one minute.
- Cover it & let it stew for 20-25 minutes in low-medium flame.
- Stir occasionally.
- Dish is ready.
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves.