- Baby potatoes – 10-12(parboiled)
- Green chilies – 4 (finely chopped)
- Imli/Tamarind paste – 1 tbsp
- Black pepper powder – 1/2 tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Cooking oil – 1 tbsp
spices needed for roasting & grinding
- Coriander seeds – 1tbsp
- Yellow mustard seeds – 1 tbsp
- Black mustard seeds – 1 tbsp
- Cumin seeds – 1 tbsp
- Carom seeds – 1tsp
- Kasuri methi/fenugreek leaves – 1 tbsp
- Roast all spices mentioned above in low flame till aroma comes.
- Cool it & grind it into a powder.
- Pierce all baby potatoes & shallow fry them till a slight golden layer comes.
- In the same wok,add oil.
- Add turmeric powder & grinded masala. Saute for few seconds.
- Don’t burn the masala.Add about 1 tbsp of water.
- Now add baby potatoes & coat masala very well with them.Add about 1 tbsp of water & mix gently.
- Add imli/ tamarind paste,salt & black pepper powder.
- Saute in low flame for 1 minute.
- Dish is ready.
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves.
- Mandua/Kodu/Ragi/ Finger millet flour – 1 bowl
- Water – 3 bowls
- Til ki chutney – As per requirement.
- Boil three bowls of water.
- Put a wok on flame.
- Add kodu/mandua’s flour to it.
- Gradually add entire hot water & simultaneously stir it.
- Cook it until a thick paste forms. Make sure there is no lump.
- Healthy baadi is ready.
- Take out baadi with wet ladle else it sticks.
- Have it with spicy til ki chutney.
- Baadi itself does not have any taste so mix well with chutney & eat it.
- Recipe of til ki chutney is already in the blog.